The mountains around Banff and Lake Louise are arguably the most photographically sought after destination in Canada, and rightfully so. Driving through the Canadian rockies is awe inspiring, and I spend nearly as much time looking up as I do looking at the road.
On a recent trip though on an assignment, we took the time to stop for a few photos at some of my favourite places. The first is Moraine lake, which is rimmed with fantastic hiking trails, great camping, and amazing scenery. The colour of the lake and its super easy accessibility makes it a major draw for the many daily tourist buses, fully of hundreds of people taking pictures beside the lake while making peace signs with their fingers. But its still magic.
One of my other favourite places in the area is Castle mountain. Its turret-esque top and different visable rock layers, paired with the aqua marine coloured bow river running by make it another picture worthy location.
Whenever work takes me to Alberta, I often opt to drive it rather than fly due to the amazing scenery. Its a great chance to catch up on some of my favourite podcasts, listen to some new albums, and enjoy creation.
9 Notes/ Hide
- papageorgio likes this
- davidmcphisto likes this
- raffaellacarra reblogged this from joshuadoolphotography
- flowerchildlauren reblogged this from joshuadoolphotography
- ifitsnotfundontdoit reblogged this from joshuadoolphotography
- ifitsnotfundontdoit likes this
- little-world-my reblogged this from joshuadoolphotography and added:
- joshuadoolphotography posted this